Sunday, April 26, 2015

Where Are You?

O, Where are you?
Inspiration of mine that I see dotted in the fine lines
Seeping through cracks of life's struggles
Hitting pavements of cries buried under cement
I miss the way you dance in the laugh lines of my face
And how you took me back to dreams bigger than my soul
How the innocence of my youth had no barred holds
Again I ask---again I say---again I command, "Where Are You?"
For you use to light my fire without wood
And be the heat in the flame behind my passion's drum
You would wake me up during the hours of the morning as the streets were asleep and the highways held the sounds of motions flying by
You held my attention in the palm of your hand and sleep became a distant memory
'Cause you were connected to my purpose and my destiny has been knocking on this door and perseverance wouldn't let me turn around and show my back to the door,
And faith held my feet on that solid ground and endurance grabbed my eyes to look in that tiny peep hole of opportunity,
My inspiration was suppose to have my back and keep me moving, and keep me pushing, but instead it gave me false pretensions in a dimension that took the measurements of my wings and told me I could fly as long as I didn't look down,
And that I can get up as long as I looked up
And that I can extend and grab HIS hand as long as I didn't wither
And I could love as long as I didn't hate
And I could have power as long as I could forgive
Yes--I thought I lost you Inspiration
But you were always there
You just needed to be re-fined, re-polished, and re-vamped
Inspiration - you never left my side

-LK

No comments:

Post a Comment